Welcome to 5th edition of the Lakecity International Film Festival (LCIFF) 2020. Launched in 2013 with a short film festival for 3 years before turning it into a full-fledged film festival, LCIFF is counted amongst the highly respected film festivals in India for the indie film makers. Having gained a fantastic reputation with filmmakers returning again to showcase their new films, LCIFF is widely appreciated for its screenings at 4 different auditoriums (2 for features & 2 for short films), fabulous programming and excellent networking opportunities.
With an aim to become an internationally-recognized festival that provides a space for film makers to believe in their content without worrying about the commercial exploits, the Lake City International Film Festival remains committed to its mission to discover and develop independent artists and audiences across the globe. Through its programs, the festival seeks to discover, support, and inspire independent film makers and to introduce audiences to their new work.
Promoted and organized by Eon Films with the support of Qrius Films, Vivid Ways and various Film Forums, the festival features a sizeable number of films from more than 25+ countries. The momentum has caught on and film makers have already started making plans to be there at the festival and make it a grand success. The LCIFF strives to:
- Grow a movement to exhibit and expand the art form of filmmaking
- Find and acknowledge innovative storytelling
- Give short film an identity differentiating it from classical big screen and modern transmedia platforms
- Cultivate the careers of film directors, producers and screenwriters working in the short indie film sector
- Increase diversity and collaboration in film productions
- Create local projections and installations that feature international content
- Continually build audience for feature films, short films, PSA films and documentaries
- Expand awareness to local film happenings
- Connect local filmmakers and industry professionals
In the process, LCIFF hopes to be a dedicated contributor to the cultural arts, economy and education, through a highly effective strategic partnership model. LCIFF will be introducing unique programs not only during its 2-day period, but will also have year-round programming through fellowships and workshops to keep the spirit of film making alive. Breaking free from stereotypes and bringing it into theaters, classrooms, businesses, and even organizations throughout the state.
THE FESTIVAL WILL NOT ORGANIZE AND OR REIMBURSE ANY TRAVEL / ACCOMMODATION FOR FILM MAKERS AND OR THEIR ARTISTS TO ATTEND THE FESTIVAL.